Sunday, August 8, 2010

Here are just a few things I took away from Jets Training Camp:

1. It pays to be 5-foot-5- Apparently at this height, adults feel bad that they are suddenly blocking a child’s view. That’s exactly what a father realized as he stood in front of my fiancĂ© and I. Apologizing, he quickly ushered us to the front. At 23 and 27-years old, we were now standing right in front of the end zone. And to think I cried at a physical because my doctor told me I wouldn’t be growing anymore.

2. Senior citizens tend to get crazy- Halfway through the scrimmage, a police officer walked briskly in our direction.

“Excuse me,” he said, “we are going to have to get through here.”

As the fans cleared their chairs to get out of the way, the officer made his way to the handicapped section.

“Everybody, listen up, if you aren’t going to comply with the events staff here we are going to ask you to leave,” he said. “Everyone understand? Now… (awkward pause)…LETS-GO-JETS!”

It turned out that some of the elderly were getting a little fresh with the events crew and refused to move their wheelchairs. Not budging? Pssh. They were busy playing illegal Bingo.

3. To the media, I feel you, I really do- From one journo. to another, I know you are just trying to do your job. However, the drunk guy a few fans down from me does not. For you, it’s all about that perfect shot, one that captures a story. Mr. Twisted is thinking about the best possible shot to the noggin.

4. A mother will go through great lengths to get a shot of Mark Sanchez’s ass – “Get a picture of Sanchez coming out! Oh! Your camera is great. Oh! Oh! Get a picture of LaDainian Tomlinson!” I believe this lady went through the entire Jets
roster.

5. “That green Volkswagen out there is D’Brickashaw Ferguson?” Yes, that was one horribly attempted joke that I heard. Maybe he had a few too many with the drunk guy screaming obscenities at the media?

No comments:

Post a Comment